Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
The Global Category Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of outsourcing/off or near shoring strategies for R&D and software engineering.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Define and drive sourcing and pricing strategy for outsourced engineering in line with the business strategy. Define and implement appropriate commercial contract model (time & material, deliverable based, outcome based)
- Develop trusted relationships with the business/functional partners/suppliers. Lead cross-functional teams to ensure effective, collaborative and strategic sourcing decisions that satisfy requirements of internal partners
- Develop a deep understanding of outsourced engineering to facilitate an efficient and agile response to operational and contractual challenges
- Develop and maintain market information on suppliers. Work with business units to assess supplier capabilities and identify a qualified supply base
- Manage supplier bidding and skilfully conduct negotiations to come to win-win situations
- Bring a Performance-Based pricing mindset to outsourcing operations and translate this strategy in concrete actions to maximize value
- Lead contract management, executing and updating master agreements and complex statement of works (SOW), including contracts’ content, KPI and metrics formulation based upon the internal business requirements
- Facilitate regular business reviews between business stakeholders and suppliers to discuss performance and future relationship.
- Track and validate outsourcing budgets and commitments with suppliers from all business units. Provide recommendations and guidance to management on approval of purchase requests and commitments for certain projects.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree. MBA preferred
- Practical experience in and good understanding of software development and product engineering outsourcing (operational, sales, delivery, or procurement)
- Strong analytical mind, with affiliation for numbers, KPI and pricing strategies
- Strategic thinking and macro- and micro-economy insights
- Experience in formulating and delivering deliverable-based contracts
- Experience managing procurement of a large portfolio of programs across a large number of suppliers and business owners
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to think outside of the box in bringing new solutions
- Experience working in global teams. Global cultural awareness
What we offer
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping & realizing your career goals
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational company
- Opportunity to work and interact with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and decision makers
- Centrally-located office location in Mitte & public transport subsidy
- Competitive compensation package
- A broad range of corporate benefits, including fruit baskets, free coffee, on-site gym and other sporting activities, team and group events