Study Goals and Objectives
- The German IT Outsourcing study 2010 aims to:
- Explore factors that drive companies to outsource their software development function, challenges associated with offshore/nearshore outsourcing and problem solving strategies;
- Find out which practice works best with the outsourced software development and how
The Study has the following objectives:
- Help German companies increase awareness of how their market competitors act with regards to software development (SD) outsourcing;
- Help companies determine the best practices used to overcome challenges of the outsourced software development;
- Benchmark prospective destinations for the future software development outsourcing;
- Identify the key criteria to be used by future outsourcers in determining the cost effective engagement models, selecting ITO services providers and gaining the long-term benefits from the outsourcing practices.
This study is based solely on the results of the online ITO survey conducted by IT Sourcing Europe between April and June 2010. In order to reach as many companies as possible, IT Sourcing Europe used its own database of business contacts in respective countries and sent out a survey invitation letter to each company’s decision makers (C-level executives, IT managers, directors, heads of software development etc).
Additionally, outbound marketing initiatives were launched in order to attract more companies to participate in the respective surveys. In the frames of this initiative the following steps were taken:
- Online press release distribution;
- Close interaction with social media such as survey announcement and advertising in respective business and country-specific groups on LinkedIn, XING, Facebook, Twitter, Blogged.Com etc;
- Survey invitation campaigns in event management systems such as Amiando.Com;
- Reaching companies using contact forms on such B2B and B2C web portals as Europages.Com etc.
All data obtained were analyzed in the form of industry aggregates. The answers to open-end questions received were organized by their relativity to the study goals, treated as the option “other” at the graphic level (charts and pictures) and cited and elaborated on at the findings’ discussion level.
Many Thanks to:
IT Sourcing Europe Ltd is a UK-based research and consultancy company specializing in nearshore IT/software development Outsourcing.
Our services include: • Independent IT Outsourcing market research and analysis • Independent surveys of Western European outsourcers and their ITO demand • Independent surveys of Central and Eastern Europe’s ITO services providers and their factual capability to deliver top quality products and services on time and on budget • Consultancy and recommendations to companies planning to change their current outsourcing strategies • Consultancy and recommendations to companies planning to outsource their IT function nearshore • Custom market and competition research and surveys
Our Contact Details: IT Sourcing Europe Ltd The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 2FL United Kingdom Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: +44(0)2476992505 Web: www.itsourcing-europe.com